A potential new plan is in the works. I have to run this by my girls, but I'm thinking of changing the time line just a little. Here's the thought process: One of my running friends said that the Mayor's Marathon could be just a tad hilly, with emphasis on the hill part, and he suggested that we try a slightly flatter first marathon - the Humpies Marathon that is run in August (I'm not suggesting that we run a marathon this August...so stop freaking). This still leaves me the Kenai River Marathon next year if I crash on burn and do not finish the Humpies Marathon. As far as I know, no one else has the requirement to finish a local marathon as a pre-qualifier to out of State travel so I'm not asking anyone to pony up for round two if I screw up round one.
Anyway, here is the new timeline that I was thinking of that should be easier on everyone concerned: half marathon in September (for us Alaskans - the Kenai River Half), maintain some decorum of training over the winter, half marathon in June of next year (Mayor's Marathon Half), and then full marathon in August/September (Humpies/Kenai River Marathon). Sorry Eran, I think that you might be screwed with the hill thing...hey, good luck with that *wink* *wink* You know I love you! Anyway, I think that it might give us snow birds some more time to prepare on the track before the big day anyway. Any ideas? (If you end up in AK, we would love to have you join us for any of the above too Eran...) This does mean two half marathons though...just something to consider.
Total Time: 45 minutes / 30 minute Yoga / 15 minute bicylce
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment