Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 1: June 1, 2009

I have decided to try the Hal Higdon half marathon training program to prepare for the Kenai River Marathon in September of this year. The time frame is right, and, more important, it seems manageable. Most Mondays are stretch and strengthen days to recover from the long runs on Sunday which get progressively longer so we will see how I am doing in a few more weeks.

Since I was taking care of a sick kiddo, I didn't really get around to an official Monday start. Oh, well. I'm still working on my organizational/planning skills. I have decided upon Yoga, though, for my stretch and strengthen days which, hopefully, will bleed over into some of the other days as well. Yoga is perfect since it can be done anywhere, doesn't need any major aids (if any), and provides mental and physical well being. Really, is there anything better?

No comments:

Post a Comment